Saturday, February 19, 2011

Gumball Machine Birthday Cake

If you took the time to read the "ABOUT LISA" section you would already know that I don't bake. Since I have started on this journey of cooking meals for my family I have been asking myself just WHY it is I don't do it. So here is my list of why:

1. In my growing age I am a clean freak. Baking/Cooking is M.E.S.S.Y!!!! Who wants to clean it all up?! Not me.
2. I am lazy. Let's face it, that should be numero uno!
3. I stress soooo much over how things look. If it doesn't look right or perfect than I am not serving it.

So along with my goal to make meals for my family every night of the week, I have also been inspired by a dear friend to start the tradition of making my kids birthday cakes. First up is dear, sweet Chayse who chose the gumball machine.

I remembered why I hate doing this every step of the process. It has been messy and aggrivating. I want to sit down and rest. It doesn't look like the picture. HOWEVER, when all is said and done- the pictures look pretty cute! :)

So without further babbling, here ya go!

If you want to make this and do a waaaaayyyy better job than I did or see some SUPER CUTE cakes you can choose from check out this website! www.parenting.com/birthday-cakes

Best of Luck-
Lisah

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! What a talented woman!!! So cute and yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa you did a great job! Can't wait to see your next creation!

    ReplyDelete