Monday, February 28, 2011

Seeeesters... you're going to want this!

I know I have given it to you before... and if you are privy to my text messages AKA smellaphone than you are lucky to see the finished product! If not, too bad for you because it looks, smells and tastes D.I.V.I.N.E. I have been attempting to make bread for YEARS. Feels like a 50 for sure. I bet I've used 3 million pounds of flour in my quest to get it just right. Last year my friend (who also turned me on to making birthday cakes- isn't she fantastic?!?) gave me the absolute BEST recipe for bread. I promise you will want to make this.

Bread
3 C flour
1/4 C sugar
1 TBS salt
4 heaping tsp yeast

* I use rapid rise yeast. I have done normal and it seems to work the same to me?! I am no bread expert.

3 C warm water (I get it fairly warm...)
2 TBS shortening (butter flavor, of course)

Mix with a spatula in your mixing bowl. Watch for bubbles. Let sit about 5 min.

* I have a kitchenaid. If you are using a bosch, I am of no help to you with tips! Sorry!

Add an additional 3 C flour. Mix with dough hook. IN my mixer with the altitude I am at, I usually add another Cup of flour (making it 7 cups flour total). The best trick she taught me was this:

"THE DOUGH SHOULD BE SOFT AND STICKY BUT NOT STICK TO YOUR FINGERS!"

Let the mixer knead the dough for about 10 min. It does all the work for you! Can you believe how easy this is yet?!

This batch will make 3 loaves. Don't worry about how ugly your loaves are. I am not so good at that part. I roll mine like a snake on the counter and plop them in the bread pan. Do what works for you!

Set your oven at 350 and bake for 25 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment