Friday, February 25, 2011

An Art Project!

Lisah found this GREAT design and shared it with me. While she is tackling an entire bathroom.. I took the easy way out and decided on a small piece of wall art. I'm not a painter, but think I did pretty good for my first time. This is a step by step on how to make an inexpensive, fun piece of art... that might sidetrack you from eating for a couple hours. Wait, I ate chips while I did this.. nevermind. :)

Supplies needed:

Paint
Paint Brush
Canvas
Ruler
Pencil
 Design Template

Here is what I paid:
$11 Canvas (22" by 28")
$3 for Paint ( I used "vanilla" and "metallic champagne")

The rest I had at home!



You can BARELY see the marks of the stencil. I tried a pencil, but it was too dark. After trial and error I found that a peach coloring pencil did the trick. I also took my ruler and made a straight line down the center of the canvas to keep my figures centered. I'm partially handicapped at making things even though.. so this is certainly not perfect!

As you can see... I'm not a great painter. I did go back and do all my touch up's afterwords. I used a thin brush and the base coat to make sure the lines were even.


Finished product! Cheap and easy. The projects I love are those that can get done in a couple hours. Boom, complete!
With love,
Kelsey

2 comments:

  1. Hey, where did you get a canvas for $11??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure why my post didn't go through earlier.. I bought it at Michael's. It was on sale, and I had a coupon! I love to check Michael's site, they have printable coupons all the time. This one was for 40% off.

    ReplyDelete